Notice of Emergency Food and Shelter Program Phase 34 Funding Availability
Saginaw County has been awarded federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board program.
Saginaw County has been awarded to receive $79,490 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county.
A Local Board will determine how the funds awarded to Saginaw County are to be distributed among the emergency food and shelter programs run by local service agencies in the area.
Under the terms of the grant, local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
- Be private voluntary nonprofit or units of government
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds
- Have an accounting system
- Practice nondiscrimination
- Have demonstrated the capacity to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs and
- If they are a private organization, have a voluntary board, have a voluntary board
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply.
Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for Emergency Food and Shelter Program funds must contact Melissa Durow at (989) 755-0505, ext. 214 or via email for an application. The deadline for applications to be received is Wednesday, July 5, 2017 by Noon.
DUNS Information (pdf)
Phase 33 Manual (pdf)