- Contact Us
- About Us
- Our Work
- Community Impact
- Special Events
Free tax preparation is available to Saginaw County residents who cannot afford to have their taxes prepared for them thanks to the VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program and amazing community volunteers. This program aims to help families avoid high tax prep fees, access all credits they are eligible for and connect families to services and programs that will help them increase their financial stability.
Trained volunteers will make sure you get back every cent you have coming to you. We train our volunteers to make sure you receive each credit that you are eligible for.
2015 PROGRAM INFORMATION (for the 2014 tax season):
The United Way of Saginaw County VITA program uses *IRS-EITC income guidelines to determine a taxpayers eligibility for free tax preparation.
2014 Tax Year - Earned Income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must be less than:
- $46,997 ($53,427 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children
- $43,756 ($49,186 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children
- $38,511 ($43,941 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child
- $14,590 ($20,020 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children
- Click here to download a VITA Volunteer application.
2014 Program Highlights
- 70+ volunteers
- More than 4,700 hours volunteered
- Six sites throughout Saginaw County
- More than 3,800 tax payers received assistance
- More than $3.6 million dollars brought back to area residents
"VITA makes an enormous impact in means of supporting our community and with economic development here in Saginaw County. This impact is possible because of our dedicated volunteers providing tax preparation for free," said UWSC Vice President, Marsha Cooley.
Our volunteers and collaborative partners are what make this program truly successful. Thank you to everyone who helps support this program!