By giving to United Way of Saginaw County, you are giving children unique opportunities to learn and grow. You are giving them a chance to develop skills that will help them succeed in life.
Community Vision: Every student graduates ready to be a successful contributor to society.
- Children, birth to age 5, will be prepared to start school
- Elementary students will be able to read at grade level or better
- Students will have the skills necessary to transition successfully throughout their entire educational career
Affiliated Programs in Education:
- 1 on 1 Youth Mentoring, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Great Lakes Bay Region
- LACER After School Program, First Ward Community Service
- Scouting Outreach, Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
- Guiding Light After School Program, LSSM-Neighborhood House
- Youth Literacy Mentor Program, READ Association
- Teen Parent Support Program, Saginaw County Youth Protection Council
- Innerlink-Shelter for Runaway and Homeless Youth, Saginaw County Youth Protection Council
Additionally, United Way of Saginaw County facilitates community partnerships, administers grants and implements programs designed to achieve outcomes within the three focus areas. These programs allow United Way and our partners to unite together, enhancing capacity and adding value to the community.
Community Impact Programs - Education:
As we move forward with our Community Impact Strategy, United Way and our Affiliated Programs will be able to provide more community outcomes achieved thanks to your support! Keep checking back for more updates.
*Pictured Sebastian and Lorena Gloden, Imagination Library recipients