Creating a community where everyone can thrive.
Our Focus: Helping Saginaw County Residents Be Financially Stable
Lifting 4,858 households out of ALICE (Asset Limited Income Constrained Employed) by 2029. Creating a community rich in opportunities for financial stability and success. We do this by creating impact with our funding opportunties provided to local non-profit agencies delivering critical services and programming that address several key indicators that will help to eliminate poverty in our community. Lack of career readiness, Lack of financial capacity, fractured community activities, and the mismatch between available jobs and requirements.
Education, Increased Literacy, Mental & Physical Health, Job Skill Training,
Soft Skill Development, Child Care, Finanical Education, and Transportation
United Way of Saginaw County Logic Model
Theory of Change
We believe and strive for collective impact, when we come together to work on a problem, we can solve it. This takes members from differnt organizations and communities to create and work on a sustainable solution. United Way of Saginaw County is uniquely situated to bring financial support, bring together community vision, and support our partner organizations with continuous improvement to create sustemic change.
Primary Target: ALICE population and below
- Connect to resources, education, training; including all of the following...
Secondary Target: Single headed households
- Child care and resources that limit a head of household to become self-sufficient.
Secondary Target: Youth and Children 18 and under
- Giving students the resources, mentors and access that they need in order to become productive and self-sustaining adults
Secondary Target: Elderly/Aging Population; Over 55
- As employment may not be the determining factor for this group, self-sufficiency, planning for living on a limited income and transportation are our focus
Secondary Target: Adults 18-55
- Helping individuals find employment, retain employment and giving them the finanical education skills needed to become self sufficient
Seondary: Businesses and Stakeholders
- Create an environment of understanding, openess, mutual respect. Creating an environment where everyone can succeed.