Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing
What is Project HOME?
If the client meets minimum requirements they will be referred to our housing specialists on staff. Contact will be made to initiate a more in-depth screening process.
- Assistance with utility payments, deposits and arrearages
- Assistance with homelessness prevention and/or rapid re-housing
- Assistance with security deposits
- Assistance with fair market rent
- Efficiency - $469
- 1 Bedroom - $578
- 2 Bedroom - $736
- 3 Bedroom - $964
- 4 Bedroom - $1,013
- For eligibility, clients must:
- Be renting (home owners are NOT eligible)
- Agree to allow all information shared to be entered into the Michigan Homelessness Management Information System data base
- Be homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless
- Commit to following a Housing Plan for self-sufficiency
- Have received a decision of State Emergency Relief (SER) by the Department of Human Services
- Have a household income that is BELOW 30% AMI (Area Median Income), illustrated below
What Will I Need?
- Personal Identification (driver's license, state ID card, etc.)
- Homeless Certification (eviction letter, shelter verification letter)
- Judgment of Eviction
- Utility Shut Off Notice (if applicable)
- SER Decision Notice
- Income verification (most recent pay stubs for ALL members of the household within the last 30 days)
- Documentation of Disability
- Documentation of Changes in Circumstances (pay stubs, utility bills)
- Bank Account statements including CD and Investment Documentation
- Social Security cards for ALL members of the household
- Copy of lease
- Letters substantiating requests for aid from other agencies or programs
- Please DO NOT drop off paperwork without an appointment.
Failure to supply all of the above documents that apply to your situation will make you ineligible to move forward with the application process.
All recipients must meet specific criteria. An initial assessment will be done by an intake specialist over the phone by calling (989) 758-4357.